Spinach Chicken Pasta – Yum
Tonight I whipped this recipe up from scratch. I talk about how to do this in my post Recipe Sesame: How to make dinner when you fail to plan.
1 – Large Chicken Breast – cut into small chunks
2Tbls – Butter
1 – Large Vine Tomato – you can used diced canned tomatoes or even cherry tomatoes would be yummy
1 -2 Cloves – Garlic
1 – Can Spinach
8 oz – Penne Pasta
About 4 Cups – Croutons or Stuffing Mix or the Like
1Cup – Cheddar Cheese
Seasonings and salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill medium saucepan about 1/2 full with water on so that it will get boiling, add noodles when it does – cook until done – about 8-10 min.
- Cook chicken on medium high in medium frying pan
- Melt butter on medium high in a separate medium-sized frying pan (I used a Pampered Chef pan that can actually go in the oven)
- Mince tomato and garlic (I used my chopper) and cook in pan with melted butter for about 5 min or so
- Add in Spinach and cook for a few more minutes until heated, then reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Add in seasonings – you can use what you like, but I used about a tablespoon of each of these: Wildtree Basil Pesto, Scampi, and Lemon Rosemary.
- Add thoroughly cooked chicken to the spinach mix in the other frying pan
- Drain and add pasta to the mix – stir all together – If your frying pan cannot go into oven, move mix into a baking dish. You may want to spray with baking oil to prevent sticking.
- Cover top with croutons
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Cook for about 15 minutes
Stephaney - Me Flying Free
Latest posts by Stephaney - Me Flying Free (see all)
- I Would Rather Have Strep Throat… - October 20, 2017
- You will Never get Fully Clean in Your Old Machine - May 21, 2017
- Why I am So Sick of Webinars! - April 18, 2017